How To Conduct Your Own Google Ventures Design Sprint
Fantastic talk by Jonathan Rosenberg, Senior Vice President, Product Management at Google on Rules to Success. The talk was so heavy with aphorisms that I ended up watching it twice and noted down his various points. They may be slightly off missing a couple of points here and there, but still pretty educational (for me at least :) )
Starting note: I loved this statement at the beginning of the talk:
If you want to build a ship don't herd people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.
Rules on Communication
- Overcommunicate always all the time. You cant communcate enough.
- Openly share everything with your collegues. Trust your people and give them this info. Trust breeds loyalty.
- Repetition does not spoil the prayer.
- Each word matters. Be crisp and direct…
View original post 811 more words
This single interview — one of my favorites of all-time — was recorded in three short parts. You can:
- Listen to all three on iTunes
- Download them as MP3s (right click “save as”): Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.
- Download the transcript.
- Or stream them now below (If you’re reading this in e-mail, please click here to stream):
This podcast is brought to you by The Tim Ferriss Book Club, which features a handful of books that have changed my life. Here’s the list. You can also find all 20+ episodes of this podcast here. Some are sober and some are drunk, but the guests are all great.